Unofficial Julia client for the Google Maps/Places API.
This package is an unofficial Julia client for the Google Maps/Places API.
The Google Maps API requires an API key. See the Google Maps API Documentation to request one.
Install the latest release:
or the development version from GitHub:
GoogleMaps.jl expects your API key to be stored as an environment variable named
using GoogleMaps geocode("1600+Amphitheatre+Parkway,+Mountain+View,+CA") timezone((37.4226128, -122.0854158))
GoogleMaps.jl is an Open Source project and there are different ways to contribute.
Please, use GitHub issues to report errors/bugs or to ask for new features.
Contributions are welcome in the form of pull requests. Please follow these guidelines:
- Follow the Google Maps/Places API documentation (e.g. preserves the response contents).
- Write code against the master branch but pull request against the dev branch.
- By making a pull request, you're agreeing to license your code under a MIT license.
- Types and functions should be documented using Julia's docstrings.
- All significant code should be tested.
- Type names are camel case, with the first letter capitalized.
- Function names, apart from constructors, are all lowercase. Include underscores between words only if the name would be hard to read without.
- Names of private (unexported) functions begin with underscore.
- Separate logical blocks of code with blank lines.
- Generally try to keep lines below 92-columns, unless splitting a long line onto multiple lines makes it harder to read.
- Use 4 spaces for indentation.
- Remove trailing whitespace.
Contributors should adhere to the Julia community standards.