LibCloud is a Julia interface for Apache LibCloud.
Apache Libcloud is a Python library which hides differences between different cloud provider APIs and allows you to manage different cloud resources through a unified and easy to use API.
apache-libcloud python library is needed for LibCloud to work.
Alternatively, you can install it externally, e.g.
pip install --user apache-libcloud.
LibCloud has its different functionalities organized as sub-modules. To start using any of them, type:
using LibCloud using LibCloud.<submodule>
- manage cloud and virtual servers
- run deployment scripts
- manage key pairs
- manage block storage
- manage object storage
- simple CDN management functionality
- manage Load Balancers as a service
- manage DNS as a service
- manage container based virtualization platforms
- works with both on-premises (e.g. Docker) and cloud based (e.g. ECS)
- manage backup as a service (e.g. EBS/GCE snapshots)
With each sub-module:
- examine the list of available providers by enumerating
- instantiate a driver (
<module>Driver) configured with the appropriate provider
features(driver)to examine the feaures the driver provides
- execute appropriate actions by calling corresponding methods on the driver
The version of the underlying library is available as
Refer to LibCloud API Documentation.
Look at examples in the
LibCloud/test subfolder for some common use cases.
?<type or method> on the Julia REPL would show appropriate help.
The Julia help system is hooked to display documentation from the underlying python modules (LibCloud borrows the
LazyHelp mechanism used in PyPlot).