Harlequin is a Julia package that simulates the operations of a space mission measuring the CMB. The program includes the following basic features:
- Generation of pointing information;
- Simulation of the CMB dipolar signal;
- Production of maps.
If you are looking for a more mature and comprehensive toolkit, which includes several more features, be sure to have a look at TOAST. This includes a full-scale map-maker (MADAM), beam convolution, half-wave plate simulation, atmospheric effects (useful for ground experiments). Moreover, it uses Python instead of Julia, and it is much better supported on HPC superclusters.
A few advantages of Harlequin over TOAST are the following:
- It works under Linux, Mac, and Windows;
- It strives to have comprehensive documentation;
- It can use the Julia ecosystem, including awesome tools as plot recipes, interactive widgets, error propagation, etc.
julia prompt and run the following commands:
import Pkg Pkg.add("Harlequin")
Harlequin is released under a permissive MIT license. See LICENSE for more information.