Tools for working with spatial fields discretized on or immersed in Cartesian grids
About the package
The purpose of this package is to enable easy setup of and operations on spatial fields on 2-d staggered Cartesian grids. Tools are provided for
- Constructing field data that lie in the different finite-dimensional spaces of the grid: the centers, corners, and edges of the cells
- Performing discretely-mimetic differential calculus operations on these data, such as div, grad, curl, etc. These operations are carried out in a manner that transforms them between the spaces.
- Solving Poisson's equation on infinite grids using the lattice Green's function
- Immersing data on co-dimension one and two entities (points, curves) into the grid
- Performing operations on these co-dimension data.
Documentation can be found at https://JuliaIBPM.github.io/CartesianGrids.jl/latest.
CartesianGrids.jl is registered in the general Julia registry. To install, enter the package manager by typing
] add CartesianGrids
Then, in any version, type
julia> using CartesianGrids
For examples, consult the documentation or see the example Jupyter notebooks in the Examples folder.