CMDimData.jl: Parametric Analysis +Continuous f(x) +Plotting
— "Focus on the analysis itself, not on data manipulation"
— "The hardest part of data analysis should be annotating the plots!"
🎉 Now supporting plot builder files
.jl files to build plots from user-provided data.
- Specify titles, labels, linestyles, etc. for entire
PlotCollection(multi-plot object) in a separate file.
- Makes for more readable code.
EasyPlot.load_plotbuilders() function (TODO: add to docs, currently only in parametric_sin.md sample).
Table of contents
- Julia tips
- Programming interface
- Sample usage
- Known limitations
CMDimData.jl provides a high-level abstraction to manipulate multi-dimensional data, and automatically interpolate intermediate values as if it was a continuous function.
The goal is to provide analysis tools that lead to minimal code, written in a natural, and readable fashion.
- Seamlessly handle multi-dimensional datasets with MDDatasets.jl
- Perform the same operation on all elements (usually) without having to write explicit loops.
- Results of data reductions (ex:
minimum(), integrations, ...) are handled the same as any other data.
- Easily plot multi-dimensional results with
- Quickly organize and plot the results in a way that sheds light on the studied phenomenon.
- Support for multiple backends
- Generate eye diagrams (even for backends without native support).
- Read/write plots to HDF5 files with
CMDimData.jl is registered with Julia's General registry.
It can be installed using Julia's built-in package manager:
julia> ] pkg> add CMDimData pkg> add MDDatasets
MDDatasets.jl will automatically be installed alongside
add-ing it explicitly gives code from the active project/environment direct access to its features.
Moreover, it is highly suggested to install
InspectDR.jl. It is the most tested integration for plotting at the moment:
julia> ] pkg> add InspectDR
Examples of how to use
CMDimData are provided in the sample/ subdirectory.
A few examples are organized by function:
Sample plot construction
More elaborate examples of constructing
PlotCollection objects can be found in the sample/plots/ folder.
Extensive compatibility testing of CMDimData.jl has not been performed. The module has been tested using the following environment(s):
- Linux / Julia-1.3.1
The CMDimData.jl module is not yet mature. Expect significant changes.