This library is developed independently of, but is heavily influenced in design by the python-geojson package. It contains:
- Functions for encoding and decoding GeoJSON formatted data
- a type hierarchy (according to the GeoJSON specification)
- An implementation of the _geo_interface_, a GeoJSON-like protocol for geo-spatial (GIS) vector data.
Note that GeoJSON.jl loads features into the GeoInterface.jl format and that this differs from GeoJSON in the following ways:
- Julia Geometries do not provide a
crsmethod. If you wish to provide a
crsattribute, wrap the geometry into a
- Features do not have special fields for
crs. These are to be provided (or found) in the
propertiesfield, under the keys
crsrespectively (if they exist).
When saving GeoJSON, these transformations will be reversed: if
properties has a key
featureid, that will be removed from
properties and a matching member
id will be added to the Feature; similarly for
Documentation for GeoJSON.jl can be found at https://juliageo.github.io/GeoJSON.jl/dev/.