The code is hosted on GitHub, with some continuous integration services to test its validity.
This repository is created and maintained by @singularitti. You are very welcome to contribute.
This package implements some equations of state (EOS) of solids which are useful in research. It currently includes:
- Birch–Murnaghan EOS family:
- Poirier–Tarantola EOS family:
The formulae are referenced from Ref. 1.
This package also includes linear and nonlinear fitting methods, which are also referenced from Ref. 1.
- Calculate the energy, pressure, and bulk modulus of an
EquationOfStateOfSolidon a volume (an array of volumes).
- Fit an
EquationOfStateOfSolidon a series of
E(V)data using the least-squares fitting method or a linear fitting method.
- Find the corresponding volume of energy, or pressure, given an
- Handle unit conversion automatically in the above features.
package has been superseded by
So please just use
The package can be installed with the Julia package manager.
From the Julia REPL, type
] to enter the Pkg REPL mode and run:
pkg> add EquationsOfStateOfSolids
Or, equivalently, via the
julia> import Pkg; Pkg.add("EquationsOfStateOfSolids")
- STABLE — documentation of the most recently tagged version.
- DEV — documentation of the in-development version.
The package is tested against, and being developed for, Julia
1.6 and above on Linux,
macOS, and Windows.
Questions and contributions
Usage questions can be posted on our discussion page.
Contributions are very welcome, as are feature requests and suggestions. Please open an issue if you encounter any problems. The contributing page has a few guidelines that should be followed when opening pull requests and contributing code.