FinEtools: Finite Element tools in Julia
FinEtools is a package for basic operations on finite element meshes: Construction, modification, selection, and evaluation of quantities defined on a mesh. Utilities are provided for maintaining mesh-based data (fields), for defining normals and loads, for working with physical units and coordinate systems, and for integrating over finite element meshes.
The package supports application packages, for instance:
- Meshing of biomedical images;
- Linear acoustics;
- Heat conduction;
- Linear stress analysis;
- Nonlinear stress analysis;
- Nonlinear analysis of flexible beam structures;
- Vibration in fluids.
- 02/29/2020: Many new tests added. Code coverage enabled.
- 01/23/2020: Dependencies have been updated to work with Julia 1.3.1.
- 01/02/2020: Matrix multiplication code improved with the help of the
This package is registered, and hence one can do just
] add FinEtools
Only version 1.x and the nightly builds of Julia are supported.
] test FinEtools
Usage and Documentation
Tutorials in the form of marked-down Julia source files using the Literate workflow are available and more will be added in the near future. (Each application package has some tutorials. For instance for the linear deformation.)
The package has been used to build applications for various purposes. In addition to the list at the top, there are also examples of various mesh generation tasks).
The documentation is published as Github pages.