PowerSystems.jl package provides a rigorous data model using Julia structures to enable power systems analysis and modeling. In addition to stand-alone system analysis tools and data model building, the
PowerSystems.jl package is used as the foundational data container for the PowerSimulations.jl and PowerSimulationsDynamics.jl packages.
PowerSystems.jl supports a limited number of data file formats for parsing.
- The latest tagged version in PowerSystems will work with Julia v1.6+. Julia 1.5 and 1.4 are only supported with versions 1.3 or earlier.
Device data enabled in PowerSystems
- Generators (Thermal, Renewable and Hydro)
- Transmission (Lines, and Transformers)
- Active Flow control devices (DC Lines and Phase Shifting Transformers)
- Topological elements (Buses, Arcs, Areas)
- Storage (Batteries)
- Load (Static, and Curtailable)
- Services (Reserves, Transfers)
- TimeSeries (Deterministic, Scenarios, Probabilistic)
- Dynamic Generators
- Dynamic Inverter
For a more exhaustive list check the Documentation
Parsing capabilities in PowerSystems
- MATPOWER CaseFormat
- PSS/e - PTI Format (.raw and .dyr files)
- RTS-GMLC table data format
Contributions to the development and enahancement of PowerSystems is welcome. Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for code contribution guidelines.
PowerSystems is released under a BSD license. PowerSystems has been developed as part of the Scalable Integrated Infrastructure Planning (SIIP) initiative at the U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)